renewing vows

I love bartering. In exchange for slave labor help and her professional photographer services at an event I'm planning for next year I agreed to be the event planner and make-up artist for my friend's 10th wedding anniversary vow renewal and reception.

My friend wanted it nice but simple, which was good with her really small budget. She gave me a free hand so it turned out to be a lot of fun to design, shop for and execute. The original wedding was in early December and had a color scheme of Christmas red & green so that is what I ran with.

This was a light refreshment reception so I set it up for maximum flow and mingling with some small round tables plus chairs set in semi circles.

The church sanctuary was already decorated for Christmas so that was easy! The decorations in the fellowship Hall were indeed simple but very effective with white table clothes and silk poinsettias borrowed from the church, green and red cloth napkins (Wal-mart), fish-bowl vases filled with xmas tree garland, glass ornaments and glittered flower picks (Wal-mart, Target, Michaels) and bud vases with fresh roses (flowers left over from the bouquets, vases from my collection). I finished everything off with a sprinkle of confetti (Party Store, Pier One).

The food table I decorated with an ivory table cloth covered white icicle lights and glass ornaments covered with white tulle (all from my collection).

I think my favorite part were the bouquets and boutonnières though. I love making them and rarely get a chance. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment