fête for a queen

I love it when a party comes together! The morning of the Fête Aubry and I had great fun setting and decorating the tables. I was able to use Great-Grandmother's china, her silver flatwear and my beloved candelabras. Even the roses I'd bought a few days before were beautifully opened up - perfect!

The food also fulfilled my vision. The menu consisted of sylibub, queen's cake, elcairs, peanut soup, mini quiche, pineapple & cream cheese sandwiches, chicken salad sandwiches, walnut & cream cheese sandwiches, and lettuce sandwiches

Then there were the macarons. They really were worth the effort. The Peppermint macarons (which we nick-named "Koshka macarons" because of the green & pink color scheme) were vanilla macarons with candy cane buttercream. The Violet macarons featured violet essence and a dark chocolate ganache filling. The rose macarons were rosewater & rose petals with a lemon peel buttercream. Can you tell Aubry and I had way too much fun coming up with these flavor combinations?

The Fête itself was wonderful. We ate, we talked, we played Speculation, took pictures, had a fabric giveaway, ate, talked, and laughed even more. It was a wonderful time with some very special ladies. And we all looked fabulous too! It's really been a rough couple of weeks for me, especially with the snow and the house-bound isolation that came with it. I can't even tell you how much I needed the weekend. *sigh* Thank you ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment