beloved favors

To favor or not to favor, that is the eternal question!

For what it's worth I happen to think that favors, like almost all elements of a wedding or party, are optional. A big key to lowering party planning stress is to prioritize what is actually important to you. If favors will make you happier, go for them. If you aren’t inspired by the idea or they are stressing you out, skip it. In 5 years the majority of your guests won't be able to remember IF you gave a favor or what it was anyway!

This being my philosophy I'm hit & miss about giving favors at my events. It depends on the event, the budget and whether I'm in the mood or not. However when I do take the plunge to favor I'm a huge fan of eatable favors. Things that don't have to be dusted or stored make the best favors in my book. Also if it's something tasty you never have to worry about what to do with the leftovers (and it doesn't matter what you do, there are always leftover favors!).

Simple is always better. Favors should make an impact but there is no need to make things too complicated or expencive. Seriously no one really cares anyway.

Case and point? The favors for the Beloved Dinner-Dance, which came out pretty darn cute if I do say so myself.

the container:
a 2x2 silver favor box, from efavormart.com,
black dots, made from cardstock & a Creative Memories shape maker
wooden snowflake table confetti, from World Market




the inside:
blue cello wrap,
four coco powder covered chocolate truffles, from Costco

the cost: $.65 a piece
the verdict: yummy! Lots of empty boxes were found, so guests didn't even take them home but enjoyed them then and there!

No comments:

Post a Comment