to abide

I have been busy behind the scenes this summer working on my churches annual Women's Retreat. I am one of two coordinators, mostly in charge of the "look", decorating, shopping and other pre-retreat prep work. Our first meeting was in June and I've been running around like a mad-woman ever since!

Last year the theme was the Potter & the Clay so the "look" was earthy, subdued colors. The topic this year is Abiding in Christ, which visually could be anything so I thought something bright and cheery would be a nice change. I thought of vines and grapes at first but that seemed too predicable for a Women’s retreat so that turned into being inspired by Dutch Masters still life, with a bright color palette of pink, orange & yellow.

Today, after some testing and playing, I finalized the arrangements that will decorate all the bedrooms at the retreat center.

This finalized arrangement will be on the tables in the dining hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment